So far in 2014 (as of noon, December 15) Climate & Capitalism has published 166 new articles. Of those, these 10 attracted the most readers:
- What did that ‘NASA-funded collapse study’ really say?
- In defense of Naomi Klein
- The new revolutionaries: Climate scientists demand radical change
- Evo Morales: ‘Our liberation is for the whole of humanity’
- Naomi Klein: ‘Only mass social movements can save us’
- A Marxist view of ecology and human history
- The origin of Rosa Luxemburg’s slogan ‘socialism or barbarism’
- The myths of ‘green capitalism’
- Marxism and ecological economics
- Global inequality, illustrated, described, explained
Oldies but goodies
In addition, 1,955 articles published before 2014 are still online, and many of them are still read frequently. This year, the most-read pre-2014 C&C articles were:
- The four laws of ecology and the four anti-ecological laws of capitalism
- Population control: 10 reasons why it’s the wrong answer
- The myth of the tragedy of the commons
- Forty years of ‘How Europe Underdeveloped Africa’
- Africa: Why the richest continent Is also the poorest
- Environmental determinism: Does climate control our destiny?
- How climate change threatens food security
- Green Capitalism: Why it can’t work
- The facts about the Alberta tar sands
- Like unicorns, the ‘free market’ doesn’t exist
These lists do not include our always popular Ecosocialist Resources columns, which link to relevant articles published elsewhere. All of those columns can be found here.