The Ecosocialist Resources column is published at irregular intervals. It features links to new articles, reports, talks and videos that are relevant to Climate & Capitalism’s mission and goals.
Inclusion of a link does not imply endorsement, or that we agree with everything (or even anything!) the item says.
If you read or write an article that might be appropriate for this column, please post your suggestion in the Climate and Capitalism Facebook group.
- ‘Climate change is the single biggest health threat facing humanity’World Health Organization urges ‘rapid and ambitious action to halt and reverse the climate crisis’---READ-->>
- Ecosocialist Bookshelf, October 2021Mass extinction, movement building, fire and more. Seven books for understanding and changing the world---READ-->>
- For a Fossil Fuel Non-Proliferation TreatyStop exploration, phase-out all production, ensure a just transition for every worker, community and country---READ-->>
- Indigenous actions have stopped billions of tons of emissionsStopped or delayed projects equal 25% of US and Canadian emissions---READ-->>
- 200+ medical journals demand emergency climate actionEditors urge ‘fundamental changes to how our societies and economies are organized’---READ-->>
- Ecosocialist Bookshelf, Sept. 2021Six new books for your red & green ‘must read soon’ list---READ-->>
- ‘Systematic theft of communal property’“The expropriation of the mass of the people from the soil forms the basis of the capitalist mode of production.” (Karl Marx)---READ-->>
- No Hope for Earth without Indigenous Liberation‘The Red Deal: Indigenous Action to Save Our Earth’---READ-->>
- The IPCC Report: Key Findings and Radical ImplicationsBeyond the headlines: what climate science now shows about Earth’s future. Can we act in time?---READ-->>
- July was Earth’s hottest month on recordJuly is usually the warmest month, but this year it went over the top---READ-->>
- Code Red: How can we prevent climate catastrophe?IPCC report proves our rulers have failed: it’s time for radical change---READ-->>
- Ecosocialist Bookshelf, August 2021A bumper crop! Ten new books for red-greens and green-reds---READ-->>
- Jeff Bezos says everything will be okBillionaire greenwashing in hyperdrive---READ-->>
- Commons and classes before capitalism“All progress in capitalist agriculture is a progress in the art, not only of robbing the worker, but of robbing the soil.” (Karl Marx)---READ-->>
- More ‘record-shattering’ heat events are on the wayNew study shows extreme heat waves will be more frequent, more intense and longer-lasting---READ-->>
- Anthropocentrism vs Ecocentrism: Notes on a False DichotomyCan environmental destruction be stopped by promoting an alternative philosophy?---READ-->>
- New York report: East River EcocideHurricane Sandy didn’t kill East River Park, but New York City is planning to.---READ-->>
- Climate Change: Why we can’t trust mainstream mediaA Q&A on capitalism, media, and climate: Print and share!---READ-->>
- Ecosocialist Bookshelf, July 2021A People’s Green New Deal, plus 3 new books on pandemics and 2 on the global food crisis---READ-->>
- Video: Greta Thunberg slams climate hypocrisy of world ‘leaders’At Austrian World Summit, student activist condemns “pretending to wage war against fossil fuels”---READ-->>