The Ecosocialist Resources column is published at irregular intervals. It features links to new articles, reports, talks and videos that are relevant to Climate & Capitalism’s mission and goals.
Inclusion of a link does not imply endorsement, or that we agree with everything (or even anything!) the item says.
If you read or write an article that might be appropriate for this column, please post your suggestion in the Climate and Capitalism Facebook group.
- The Ministry for the Future: A passionate call to save the earthKim Stanley Robinson’s exciting new novel delivers a powerful vision of Earth in crisis and Earth transformed, but fails as a program for change---READ-->>
- UN Report: Action Needed Now to Solve Triple EmergencyUrgent appeal to end the ‘senseless and suicidal’ war on nature by transforming social and economic systems---READ-->>
- Global Ice Melt: Much Faster Than PredictedGlaciers are disappearing up to twice as fast as previous studies estimated, with disastrous effects on many communities---READ-->>
- Lithium, Batteries and Climate ChangeThe transition to green energy does not have to be powered by destructive and poisonous mineral extraction.---READ-->>
- Ecosocialist Bookshelf, February 2021Pandemic Century; Outlaw Ocean; America’s Dirty Secret; Deep Carbon; Clean Energy; Another End of the World---READ-->>
- Intensive Fishing and the Birth of CapitalismBeginning a series on the role of fishing in the birth and spread of capitalism, and the role of capitalism in today’s mass extinction of ocean life.---READ-->>
- Are UN climate talks leading to a global dictatorship?Climate Leviathan warns that a worldwide imperial state is on the agenda, but provides no credible arguments or evidence.---READ-->>
- ‘The health of the people should be the supreme law’An ancient principle of justice points to solutions for today’s four-fold mega-crisis---READ-->>
- Crisis in the Amazon: A Planetary ChallengeCan the world’s most important rain forest be saved?---READ-->>
- Ecosocialist Bookshelf, Jan. 2021Capitalism and Community; Engels and Nature; After Covid-19; The Marx Revival; For Degrowth; Super Polluters; How to Blow Up a Pipeline.---READ-->>
Covid-19 in Post-Trump U.S.We’re glad Trump lost, but Biden’s win brings no joy. It’s time for real alternatives.---READ-->>
- Upper Ocean Temperatures Set a New High Record in 2020Over 90% of the excess heat due to global warming is absorbed by the oceans---READ-->>
- Amber Waves: A Biography of WheatIt took thousands of years for wheat to evolve from a wild grass into a highly productive source of food. Can it help address global hunger in our time?---READ-->>
- Capitalism and CatastropheCovid and climate change aren’t aberrations: they are aspects of the system’s permanent global crisis.---READ-->>
- Record number of billion-dollar disasters struck U.S. in 2020An extraordinary year for extreme weather and climate events in the United States.---READ-->>
- Ecosystem Destruction Fueled the Pandemic. Pollution Makes It Worse.A small increase in long-term exposure to polluted air leads to a large increase in Covid-19 death rates.---READ-->>
- New Challenges in South Africa’s Fight for Climate JusticePatrick Bond: The deaths of four frontline KwaZulu-Natal activists and another oil refinery explosion in Durban define the battlegrounds in 2021---READ-->>
- Ecosocialist Bookshelf,
December 2020Winter Solstice reading for reds and greens: Disappearance of Butterflies; Multidisciplinary Anthropocene; Future Sea; Age of Low Tech; Diversifying Power; Commercial Capitalism.---READ-->>
- Ecosocialism: A Vital SynthesisPioneer ecosocialist Michael Löwy on the red-green alternative to the unsustainable status quo, and the movement for a Great Transition---READ-->>
- A strategic perspective for uniting ecosocialists in QuébecNewly formed ‘Révolution écosocialiste’ organization proposes a green, ecosocialist and democratic program for building a mass movement in the 21st century---READ-->>