The Ecosocialist Resources column is published at irregular intervals. It features links to new articles, reports, talks and videos that are relevant to Climate & Capitalism’s mission and goals.
Inclusion of a link does not imply endorsement, or that we agree with everything (or even anything!) the item says.
If you read or write an article that might be appropriate for this column, please post your suggestion in the Climate and Capitalism Facebook group.
- Industrial farming has killed billions of birdsScientists: Saving birds requires rapid transformative change, especially agricultural reform---READ-->>
- Coverup: Industry hid dangers of ‘forever chemicals’Secret documents show 3M and Dupont suppressed knowledge of PFAS toxicity---READ-->>
- The ‘net zero’ hoax: Chevron’s fraudulent climate plan exposedMost ‘offsets’ are worthless; 90% of emissions aren’t included.---READ-->>
- Ecological ruin or ecological revolution?‘Capitalism in the Anthropocene’ provides essential knowledge and insight for today’s ecosocialist movements---READ-->>
- Global heat will hit new records in next five yearsWMO says global temperature will surge 1.5°C above pre-industrial levels by 2027---READ-->>
- Has the ocean heat bomb been ignited?For the first time, sea surface temperatures that have always receded from annual peaks are staying high---READ-->>
- Capital’s long war to dispossess the poorCapitalism’s wealth and power rests on centuries of expropriation, colonialism and slavery---READ-->>
- Indigenous fighters resist forest destruction in PeruAmazon communities organize to stop illegal fishing, logging, and coca growing---READ-->>
- Ecosocialist Bookshelf, May 2023Seven books to help reds and greens understand and change the world---READ-->>
- Land, sea and air: Climate change driving planetary crisesScientists document rising heat, shrinking glaciers, rising oceans and widespread human suffering in 2022---READ-->>
- Insect Apocalypse in the Anthropocene, Part 4How genetic engineering and weed killers accelerate capitalism’s assault on insect life---READ-->>
- Environment, class, and the fate of civilizationsBook Review: A truly global history, marred by an oversimplified view of capitalism---READ-->>
- Ecosocialist Bookshelf, April 2023Our monthly selection of new books for people who want to protect the world and transform society---READ-->>
- IPCC report fails on equity and urgencyCatastrophic climate change can’t be prevented without fundamental economic and social changes---READ-->>
- Greenland ice sheet nears point of no return“Once we start sliding, we will fall off this cliff and cannot climb back up”---READ-->>
- In a more equal world, population could peak by 2040Report explodes myth that population growth is driving global environmental crisis---READ-->>
- Ecosocialist Bookshelf, March 2023Eight new books on science, society and socialism. Important reading for reds and greens---READ-->>
- Insect Apocalypse in the Anthropocene, Part 3A new generation of superkillers is destroying billions of essential insects worldwide---READ-->>
- Greta Thunberg’s Climate BookIn review: A go-to source for understanding these different, closely interconnected crises.---READ-->>
- Insect Apocalypse in the Anthropocene, Part 2The world’s insects are among the principal victims of capitalist agricultural concentration---READ-->>