The Ecosocialist Resources column is published at irregular intervals. It features links to new articles, reports, talks and videos that are relevant to Climate & Capitalism’s mission and goals.
Inclusion of a link does not imply endorsement, or that we agree with everything (or even anything!) the item says.
If you read or write an article that might be appropriate for this column, please post your suggestion in the Climate and Capitalism Facebook group.
- Ecosocialist Bookshelf, October 2022Seven new books for reds and greens---READ-->>
- Marx and Engels and Russia’s Peasant CommunesWould Marx support corporate land grabs?---READ-->>
- Free Market Genocides: The Real History of TradeFrom Ireland to India, free trade brought plunder, famine and death---READ-->>
- 1.5°C warming may trigger multiple tipping pointsFive of sixteen identified tipping points are already in the danger zone---READ-->>
- The meaning of ‘So-called Primitive Accumulation’A key concept in Karl Marx’s Capital is widely misunderstood---READ-->>
- How plants transformed the Earth’s makeupThe evolution of land plants caused revolutionary changes from the surface to the deep interior---READ-->>
- How corporations are stealing the seaOverfishing, seabed mining, corporate greed: it’s time to take back control---READ-->>
- Ecosocialist Bookshelf, August 2022Seven new books for people who know that the point is to change the world---READ-->>
- Global hunger numbers jump; 2.3 billion are ‘food insecure’World is further away from ending hunger, food insecurity and malnutrition---READ-->>
- U.S. has the warmest nights everJuly 2022 was a textbook case of how global warming gets even more pronounced after dark.---READ-->>
- Tree Thieves: Crime and Survival in North America’s WoodsTo stop illegal logging we must understand the poachers---READ-->>
- Capitalism’s crimes against natureTo stop climate change, we must understand how capitalism generates destructive processes that put Earth at risk---READ-->>
- Ecosocialist Bookshelf, July 2022Summer reading for greens and reds. New books on work, extractive industry, empire, pandemics, organizing, and socialism---READ-->>
- Egyptian regime using COP27 to greenwash repressionGenuine global grassroots movements must not take part this state-orchestrated charade---READ-->>
- The Inequality PandemicMore billionaires, more extreme poverty. Global inequality has skyrocketed since Covid began---READ-->>
- For ecosocialist degrowthMapping areas of agreement between two of the most important radical ecology movements---READ-->>
- Indigenous organizations in Peru declare state of emergencyStop assassinations, end land grabs, recognize rights to ancestral territories---READ-->>
- Ecosocialist Bookshelf, June 2022Seven important new books on science, medicine, and socialism.---READ-->>
- A forgotten revolutionary: Thomas Spence on saving the commons“When a people create landlords, they create tyrants and oppressors”---READ-->>
- Greenhouse gases trapped 49% more heat in 2021 than in 1990Climate-changing pollution reaches record levels, driving unprecedented heating---READ-->>