The Ecosocialist Resources column is published at irregular intervals. It features links to new articles, reports, talks and videos that are relevant to Climate & Capitalism’s mission and goals.
Inclusion of a link does not imply endorsement, or that we agree with everything (or even anything!) the item says.
If you read or write an article that might be appropriate for this column, please post your suggestion in the Climate and Capitalism Facebook group.
- Against Enclosure: The Commoners Fight BackThree centuries of mass resistance to privatization and dispossession---READ-->>
- Ecosocialist Bookshelf, January 2022Start the new year with seven new books for red-greens and green-reds---READ-->>
- Ecosocialism and degrowth: A replyBefore criticizing, we need to understand what radical degrowthers actually say and propose.---READ-->>
- The great plastic bag mythAre reusable cotton bags really worse than supermarket plastic?---READ-->>
- A critique of degrowthAn ecosocialist perspective in the context of a global Green New Deal---READ-->>
- Fossil fuel cuts: Promises vs plansGovernments plan for over twice as much fossil fuel as required for limiting warming to 1.5°C---READ-->>
- Top 10 C&C articles of 2021 … and all timeThere are now 2,776 articles on the Climate & Capitalism website. How many have you read?---READ-->>
- Guano and the Opening of the Pacific WorldThe 19th century search for fertilizer drove imperialist expansion and ecological destruction---READ-->>
- ‘The Dawn of Everything’ gets human history wrongIs inequality inevitable? Is freedom just a choice? Two materialist critiques of a widely-praised book.---READ-->>
- Ecosocialist Bookshelf, December 2021Six new books and six important essays for reds and greens---READ-->>
Origins of the Working ClassDeprived of land and common rights, the English poor were forced into wage-labor---READ-->>
- Stories of ResistanceFighting back against extractivism, false solutions, and social and climate abuse around the world---READ-->>
- A socialist reply to ‘leftwing’ antivax disinformationAntivaxxers of all stripes are a threat to public health---READ-->>
- Greenwash: Oil industry promotes carbon capture fantasyFossil fuel production gets rebranded as “carbon management.”---READ-->>
- A chicken can’t lay a duck egg… and that’s why the market can’t solve the climate crisis---READ-->>
- The failure of COPitalismEven on its own terms, the outcome of the COP26 climate conference in Glasgow was catastrophic---READ-->>
- Corn Belt N2O emissions outweigh soil carbon storageNitrogen emissions can overwhelm the climate benefits of storing carbon in agricultural soil---READ-->>
- Ecosocialist Bookshelf, November 20215 new books for reds and greens … plus 4 important articles and 3 recent reviews---READ-->>
- Reducing Production for a Livable FutureStan Cox says there will not be a livable future unless we slash obscene levels of corporate production---READ-->>
- The Global Climate WallThe world’s wealthiest countries are responding to the climate crisis by militarizing their borders---READ-->>