The Ecosocialist Resources column is published at irregular intervals. It features links to new articles, reports, talks and videos that are relevant to Climate & Capitalism’s mission and goals.
Inclusion of a link does not imply endorsement, or that we agree with everything (or even anything!) the item says.
If you read or write an article that might be appropriate for this column, please post your suggestion in the Climate and Capitalism Facebook group.
- U.S. has the warmest nights everJuly 2022 was a textbook case of how global warming gets even more pronounced after dark.---READ-->>
- Tree Thieves: Crime and Survival in North America’s WoodsTo stop illegal logging we must understand the poachers---READ-->>
- Capitalism’s crimes against natureTo stop climate change, we must understand how capitalism generates destructive processes that put Earth at risk---READ-->>
- Ecosocialist Bookshelf, July 2022Summer reading for greens and reds. New books on work, extractive industry, empire, pandemics, organizing, and socialism---READ-->>
- Egyptian regime using COP27 to greenwash repressionGenuine global grassroots movements must not take part this state-orchestrated charade---READ-->>
- The Inequality PandemicMore billionaires, more extreme poverty. Global inequality has skyrocketed since Covid began---READ-->>
- For ecosocialist degrowthMapping areas of agreement between two of the most important radical ecology movements---READ-->>
- Indigenous organizations in Peru declare state of emergencyStop assassinations, end land grabs, recognize rights to ancestral territories---READ-->>
- Ecosocialist Bookshelf, June 2022Seven important new books on science, medicine, and socialism.---READ-->>
- A forgotten revolutionary: Thomas Spence on saving the commons“When a people create landlords, they create tyrants and oppressors”---READ-->>
- Greenhouse gases trapped 49% more heat in 2021 than in 1990Climate-changing pollution reaches record levels, driving unprecedented heating---READ-->>
- A major advance in defining the AnthropoceneAnthropocene Working Group announces shortlist of ‘golden spike’ locations; Scientists plan to vote this year---READ-->>
- Climate change indicators set recordsThe most recent seven years are the seven warmest years on record.---READ-->>
- IMF ‘double standard’ displays capitalism’s inherent inhumanityHuman lives in the periphery are worth less than human lives in the metropolis---READ-->>
- Ecosocialist Bookshelf, May 2022Democracy, insects, Cuba, plastic, capitalist drug pushers & trespassing. Books for understanding and changing the world---READ-->>
- How vested interests rewrote the IPCC’s latest reportCorporations and politicians edited the Policy Summary to omit the scientists’ most powerful conclusions---READ-->>
- Darwin: ‘Commonsense and Wonder’A song about a man who forever changed how we understand our world---READ-->>
- ‘Rain Bomb’ kills over 300 in South Africa, exposing political hypocrisyGreenwash and lies cause disaster, while government promotes coal and methane---READ-->>
- Ecosocialist Bookshelf, April 2022Our monthly selection of new books for people who want to change the world---READ-->>
- Bankers lie about fossil fuel financeDespite promising cuts, the world’s biggest banks pour trillions into oil, gas and coal---READ-->>