The Ecosocialist Resources column is published at irregular intervals. It features links to new articles, reports, talks and videos that are relevant to Climate & Capitalism’s mission and goals.
Inclusion of a link does not imply endorsement, or that we agree with everything (or even anything!) the item says.
If you read or write an article that might be appropriate for this column, please post your suggestion in the Climate and Capitalism Facebook group.
- New York report: East River EcocideHurricane Sandy didn’t kill East River Park, but New York City is planning to.---READ-->>
- Climate Change: Why we can’t trust mainstream mediaA Q&A on capitalism, media, and climate: Print and share!---READ-->>
- Ecosocialist Bookshelf, July 2021A People’s Green New Deal, plus 3 new books on pandemics and 2 on the global food crisis---READ-->>
- Video: Greta Thunberg slams climate hypocrisy of world ‘leaders’At Austrian World Summit, student activist condemns “pretending to wage war against fossil fuels”---READ-->>
- Imperial roots of the global food system‘Diet for a Large Planet’ – how Britain fed itself by plundering the world---READ-->>
- Interacting climate tipping points may fall like dominoesCascading changes could move Earth into a dangerous state for the future of humanity and nature---READ-->>
- 10 reasons why climate activists should not support nuclearThe world needs safe, non-exploitive technologies. Nuclear doesn’t qualify.---READ-->>
- The Double DeformationEconomic exploitation is only one aspect of capitalism. The crisis of humanity and the crisis of the earth system are inseparable---READ-->>
- ‘Net zero’ emissions is a dangerous hoaxCorporate ‘climate pledges’ mask inaction and support business as usual---READ-->>
- Ecosocialist Alliance Statement on G7 MeetingFor a just ecosocialist transition from capitalism’s unsustainable chaos---READ-->>
- Abolish vaccine patents now!For a pharmaceutical industry under popular control and a free, universal and public vaccination system---READ-->>
- Over a third of heat-related deaths caused by global warmingCentral and South America and Southeast Asia are the hardest hit regions---READ-->>
- Ecosocialist Bookshelf, June 2021New books on Food, Military Science, Nature, Forest Communication, Covid Failure, and Deadly Phones---READ-->>
- Four competing views on how to save the EarthEssential debates: New technology, carbon pricing, or radical social change?---READ-->>
- World may reach 1.5°C warming by 2025WMO Head: The earth is ‘getting measurably and inexorably closer’ to the Paris limit---READ-->>
- Covid, Climate, and ‘Dual Metabolic Rupture’A second titan of destruction now stands alongside the mega-threat of climate change---READ-->>
- Once again on sabotage and climate changeThe choice between well-behaved protests and sabotage is incorrectly posed---READ-->>
- Antarctic melt: tipping point by 2060If emissions continue at current rates, the world will soon be committed to irreversible and catastrophic sea level rise---READ-->>
- Ecosocialist Bookshelf, May 2021Seven new books about capitalist environmental destruction and the fight to save the earth---READ-->>
- Intensive Fishing and the Birth of Capitalism, Part 4Centuries before the industrial revolution, the first factories transformed seafood production---READ-->>