The Ecosocialist Resources column is published at irregular intervals. It features links to new articles, reports, talks and videos that are relevant to Climate & Capitalism’s mission and goals.
Inclusion of a link does not imply endorsement, or that we agree with everything (or even anything!) the item says.
If you read or write an article that might be appropriate for this column, please post your suggestion in the Climate and Capitalism Facebook group.
- IMF ‘double standard’ displays capitalism’s inherent inhumanityHuman lives in the periphery are worth less than human lives in the metropolis---READ-->>
- Ecosocialist Bookshelf, May 2022Democracy, insects, Cuba, plastic, capitalist drug pushers & trespassing. Books for understanding and changing the world---READ-->>
- How vested interests rewrote the IPCC’s latest reportCorporations and politicians edited the Policy Summary to omit the scientists’ most powerful conclusions---READ-->>
- Darwin: ‘Commonsense and Wonder’A song about a man who forever changed how we understand our world---READ-->>
- ‘Rain Bomb’ kills over 300 in South Africa, exposing political hypocrisyGreenwash and lies cause disaster, while government promotes coal and methane---READ-->>
- Ecosocialist Bookshelf, April 2022Our monthly selection of new books for people who want to change the world---READ-->>
- Bankers lie about fossil fuel financeDespite promising cuts, the world’s biggest banks pour trillions into oil, gas and coal---READ-->>
- The Danger of Fossil FascismUnderstanding the growing combination of racism, climate science denial, and fossil fuel promotion---READ-->>
- UN report names the world’s most polluted placesPollution kills more people than all wars, murders and other forms of violence combined---READ-->>
- Ecosocialist Bookshelf, March 2022Oceans, legal rights, and industrial agriculture: Five new books for reds and greens---READ-->>
- Scientists issue ‘dire warning’ on climate‘A brief and rapidly closing window to secure a livable future’---READ-->>
- Ecosocialists condemn invasion of UkraineStatement of the Steering Committee of the Global Ecosocialist Network---READ-->>
- Climate change turns landscapes into tinderboxesUN Report: 30% more extreme wildfires by 2150, 50% more by 2200---READ-->>
- Ecosocialist Bookshelf, February 2022Reading matter for reds and greens: Five new books and five recent reviews---READ-->>
- Poorest people hit hardest by heat stressNew Research: 25% of the world’s people will face more heat wave days than all the rest combined---READ-->>
- Climate change is suffocating fishThe ocean’s middle depths started losing oxygen at unnatural rates in 2021---READ-->>
- Deep adaptation or climate justice?Should the climate movement give up the fight and accept catastrophe as inevitable?---READ-->>
- Can we stop the insect apocalypse?A brilliant account of the growing threat to insect life falls short on solutions---READ-->>
- World’s farms at a breaking pointUN Report: 34% of agricultural land is degraded, water is overdrawn---READ-->>
- Climate scientists: Ban solar geoengineering‘The risks are poorly understood and can never be fully known’---READ-->>