The Ecosocialist Resources column is published at irregular intervals. It features links to new articles, reports, talks and videos that are relevant to Climate & Capitalism’s mission and goals.
Inclusion of a link does not imply endorsement, or that we agree with everything (or even anything!) the item says.
If you read or write an article that might be appropriate for this column, please post your suggestion in the Climate and Capitalism Facebook group.
- Ecosocialist Bookshelf: The Best of 2022Ian Angus selects his favorite red and green books from the past year---READ-->>
- Degrowth and the end of capitalismBook review: A powerful polemic against capitalism’s planetary destruction, and an engaging look at the degrowth movement---READ-->>
- A great loss for ecosocialismJohn Molyneux, 1948-2022---READ-->>
- Ecosocialist Bookshelf, December 2022Six important new books on fungi and racism and building socialism and wheat and more---READ-->>
- Hugo Blanco: ‘Social movements in defense of our territories are our hope’Peruvian peasant leader on the pain and hope of indigenous struggles---READ-->>
- COP27 achieved nothing. No surprise.Another in a long line of meaningless UN climate meetings---READ-->>
- Food, Farming, and Africa: An Open Letter to Bill GatesFood sovereignty activists challenge a wealthy white man’s flawed assumptions, hubris, and ignorance---READ-->>
- ‘Capital’s attack on nature endangers humanity’Brazilian peasant leader: Build a global movement to save humanity and our common home!---READ-->>
- Ecosocialist Bookshelf, November 2022Six new books and six recent essays: important reading for reds and greens---READ-->>
- The hottest eight years on recordSea level rise accelerates, European glacier melt shatters records, extreme weather causes devastation---READ-->>
- COP27: Fiddling while the world burnsEffective action must replace talk, delay and false solutions---READ-->>
- Slouching towards utopia, or hurtling towards disaster?Top economist’s paean to capitalism glosses over gross inequality, wars, and ecological destruction---READ-->>
- After the floods, Pakistan needs reparations, not charityThe people of Pakistan are the latest victims of a global crisis to which they have contributed almost nothing---READ-->>
- Ecosocialist Bookshelf, October 2022Seven new books for reds and greens---READ-->>
- Marx and Engels and Russia’s Peasant CommunesWould Marx support corporate land grabs?---READ-->>
- Free Market Genocides: The Real History of TradeFrom Ireland to India, free trade brought plunder, famine and death---READ-->>
- 1.5°C warming may trigger multiple tipping pointsFive of sixteen identified tipping points are already in the danger zone---READ-->>
- The meaning of ‘So-called Primitive Accumulation’A key concept in Karl Marx’s Capital is widely misunderstood---READ-->>
- How plants transformed the Earth’s makeupThe evolution of land plants caused revolutionary changes from the surface to the deep interior---READ-->>
- How corporations are stealing the seaOverfishing, seabed mining, corporate greed: it’s time to take back control---READ-->>