The Ecosocialist Resources column is published at irregular intervals. It features links to new articles, reports, talks and videos that are relevant to Climate & Capitalism’s mission and goals.
Inclusion of a link does not imply endorsement, or that we agree with everything (or even anything!) the item says.
If you read or write an article that might be appropriate for this column, please post your suggestion in the Climate and Capitalism Facebook group.
- The Danger of Fossil FascismUnderstanding the growing combination of racism, climate science denial, and fossil fuel promotion---READ-->>
- UN report names the world’s most polluted placesPollution kills more people than all wars, murders and other forms of violence combined---READ-->>
- Ecosocialist Bookshelf, March 2022Oceans, legal rights, and industrial agriculture: Five new books for reds and greens---READ-->>
- Scientists issue ‘dire warning’ on climate‘A brief and rapidly closing window to secure a livable future’---READ-->>
- Ecosocialists condemn invasion of UkraineStatement of the Steering Committee of the Global Ecosocialist Network---READ-->>
- Climate change turns landscapes into tinderboxesUN Report: 30% more extreme wildfires by 2150, 50% more by 2200---READ-->>
- Ecosocialist Bookshelf, February 2022Reading matter for reds and greens: Five new books and five recent reviews---READ-->>
- Poorest people hit hardest by heat stressNew Research: 25% of the world’s people will face more heat wave days than all the rest combined---READ-->>
- Climate change is suffocating fishThe ocean’s middle depths started losing oxygen at unnatural rates in 2021---READ-->>
- Deep adaptation or climate justice?Should the climate movement give up the fight and accept catastrophe as inevitable?---READ-->>
- Can we stop the insect apocalypse?A brilliant account of the growing threat to insect life falls short on solutions---READ-->>
- World’s farms at a breaking pointUN Report: 34% of agricultural land is degraded, water is overdrawn---READ-->>
- Climate scientists: Ban solar geoengineering‘The risks are poorly understood and can never be fully known’---READ-->>
- Against Enclosure: The Commoners Fight BackThree centuries of mass resistance to privatization and dispossession---READ-->>
- Ecosocialist Bookshelf, January 2022Start the new year with seven new books for red-greens and green-reds---READ-->>
- Ecosocialism and degrowth: A replyBefore criticizing, we need to understand what radical degrowthers actually say and propose.---READ-->>
- The great plastic bag mythAre reusable cotton bags really worse than supermarket plastic?---READ-->>
- A critique of degrowthAn ecosocialist perspective in the context of a global Green New Deal---READ-->>
- Fossil fuel cuts: Promises vs plansGovernments plan for over twice as much fossil fuel as required for limiting warming to 1.5°C---READ-->>
- Top 10 C&C articles of 2021 … and all timeThere are now 2,776 articles on the Climate & Capitalism website. How many have you read?---READ-->>