There are now 1,958 articles on the Climate & Capitalism website. New ones attract readers, but some older ones continue to be very popular. So here are two lists of 2013’s most-read articles — the top 10 new articles, and the top 10 from the pre-2013 archive.
Top 10 new articles in 2013
- Strategy and tactics in the environmental movement
- Yuen and Angus debate ‘environmental catastrophism’
- Naomi Klein: Climate change, unions, and a united left agenda
- Green Capitalism: Why it can’t work
- Building the environmental movement today: A debate
- In defense of Murray Bookchin
- Recovering our history: ‘Eco-Socialism in a Nutshell’
- European Left congress calls for ecosocialism
- UN climate talks go nowhere, again
- Who really benefits from sweatshops?
Top 10 articles from the archives
- Population control: 10 reasons why it’s the wrong answer
- The four laws of ecology and the four anti-ecological laws of capitalism
- The facts about the Alberta tar sands
- Africa: Why the richest continent Is also the poorest
- Forty years of How Europe Underdeveloped Africa
- The myth of the tragedy of the commons
- Like unicorns, the ‘free market’ doesn’t exist
- Wall Street to Earth: ‘We don’t mind and you don’t matter’
- Tropic of chaos: Climate change and the new geography of violence
- Environmental determinism: Does climate control our destiny?