Essential reading for environmental activists — available now as free downloads
Some of the most intense debates on the Climate and Capitalism website have concerned population. The unique pamphlet contains three recent articles
- Should Climate Activists Support Limits on Immigration? by Ian Angus and Simon Butler
- I=PAT Means Nothing, Proves Nothing by Ben Courtice
- Do Individual Consumers Cause Climate Change? by Ian Angus
PLUS: responses, criticisms and replies from a wide range of C&C readers, debating the key issues on this critical subject
The Cochabamba conference was a breakthrough for the global climate justice movement. This pamphlet contains three key resolutions from this important meeting.
- The People’s Agreement on Climate Change and the Rights of Mother Earth
- Indigenous People’s Declaration: ‘Mother Earth can live without us, but we can’t live without her’
- The Universal Declaration of the Rights of Mother Earth
Climate and Capitalism encourages the widest possible distribution of these resolutions. This pamphlet may be reproduced and distributed or sold by climate and social justice groups and activists, so long as no changes are made, and so long as the selling price does not exceed a reasonable cost of production.
More environmental titles on Reading from the Left
- If the Climate Were a Bank, It Would Already Have Been Saved:
Latin America versus Imperialism at the Copenhagen Summit.
by Fidel Castro, Hugo Chavez, Evo Morales, Pablo Solon, Angelica Navarro / published by Socialist Voice and Socialist Alliance
(Full text online in both North American and Metric sizes)
- The Ecological Revolution: Making Peace With the Planet.
by John Bellamy Foster / published by Monthly Review
- The Global Fight for Climate Justice: Anticapitalist Responses to Global Warming and Environmental Destruction.
by Ian Angus / published by Fernwood Publishing and Resistance Books
(Two chapters online)
ReadingfromtheLeft.com is a non-commercial project to promote socialist pamphlets and books from a wide range of publishers. All of the pamphlets and book chapters posted on Reading from the Left can be downloaded without charge and without registering.