Follow Climate & Capitalism
New Feature Articles
Michael Lebowitz: “The tragedy of our commons is that our finite world is being destroyed by the relentless drive for profit, by the system we must name—capitalism.”
A new video by Suhail Ilyas: The growing strength of the climate movement around the world gives us great hope, but only a revolution can save the world for future generations.
Capitalism’s infrastructure, which is designed to dominate nature, cannot simply be taken over and used for an ecological transformation. Only a complete, root-and-branch change will do the job.
An important new essay by John Bellamy Foster initiates a public discussion on Marxism’s role in preventing a global environmental catastrophe
Ian’s Ecosocialist Notebook
- Anthropocene: What’s in a name?
- Harry Magdoff on the environment capitalism makes
- Follow-up: Did early humans cause extinction of mammoths?
- No, We are not headed for a little ice age
- Full text of pope’s statement on environment and exploitation
- Swiss newspaper reviews French edition of ‘Too Many People?’
- Ernest Mandel on productivism, limits to growth, and socialist human development
- How to trivialize the new epoch
- Follow us on Twitter
- On ’60 Minutes’, black Africans are invisible and voiceless
- Bugger the Bankers
- Capitalism versus rational agriculture