“I can’t stress enough how important it is for me, as a black climate justice advocate, as well as for my people, to see the climate movement show solidarity right now with the people of Ferguson and with black communities around the country striving for justice.”
‘Only we can save the source of life and society: Mother Earth. Our planet is under a death threat from predatory and insane capitalism. Another world is not only possible, it is indispensable, because otherwise, no world will be possible.’
“The more the capitalist has accumulated, the more is he able to accumulate.”
Show this video to your friends who think capitalism is the way to end poverty.
Exposing the myth that ‘consumer demand for low prices’ causes dangerous working conditions in third world factories
A philosophy professor gets it right …
There’s no shortage of food, no shortage of wealth to solve social crises. The problem is a system that enriches a few and starves multitudes.
Reporter exposes privilege and inequality … while defending the system that causes it
The business press slams the lifestyles of Indigenous leaders … and lavishes sycophantic praise on the obscenely super-rich.
In every country, the ravages of climate change fall overwhelming on the poor. The people who grow the world’s food are the ones who starve in the aftermath of hurricanes and typhoons
Fewer than 1% of adults own 70% of all wealth
Making more by paying less
A UK government report blames last year’s riots on the participants’ “materialism and consumerism.” They couldn’t possibly have learned such anti-social values from Britain’s ruling class. Could they?
US radicals came up with sound proposals for a maximum income a century ago. Isn’t it time to put that idea back on the table? ++++++++++++++++++ by Sam Pizzigati Le Monde Diplomatique The Occupy Wall Street movement hasn’t yet demanded a cap on individual income but it probably will. Ever since the “golden age” after […]
Video: social critic and noted author Michael Parenti on the reality of capitalism in corporate America. (more…)
The wealthy 1% own the country. What can the other 99% do about it? It’s not enough simply to stem the tide. We need a massive reversal. Things have to change, and in a big way. (more…)
New report identifies the 50 ultra-rich individuals whose investments benefit from climate change and who block efforts to phase out pollution from fossil fuel
This graphic shows how much the 1 percent would own if land in the United States were as unequally owned as wealth (more…)
New data shows that there are far more Americans living on the edge of poverty than official figures claim (more…)
by Chip Ward TomDispatch, October 27, 2011 What if rising sea levels are yet another measure of inequality? What if the degradation of our planet’s life-support systems — its atmosphere, oceans, and biosphere — goes hand in hand with the accumulation of wealth, power, and control by that corrupt and greedy 1% we are hearing […]